Tools available for Officials
|Download all the tools here:
1. Quizmaster´s Lingo
2. Sample Test
3. Most Common Mistakes
4. Rulebook Addendums (2017)
5. Rulebook Clarifications (2017)
6. Scripture Portion
8. Requirements for Nationals for Non-Participants (2017)
During competitions (league meets and finals), officials have an extremely important role, for they are the ones who lead the meets and judge question completions, answers and results of each game. They bear upon themselves great responsibilities, and therefore are selected carefully by the pastor of each congregation, who considers their testimony in the church and their impartiality when judging.
The officials also have the opportunity to make an effort, alongside the quizzers, to win memorization prizes. By participating in memorization, the officials can look forward to the blessing of knowing God through His word, of having a greater understanding in order to judge or train the quizzers for the meets, and of giving greater encouragement to those who need it.
In a usual game of Bible Quiz, there are three different jobs.
- The Quizmaster: The quizmaster supervises the match, reads the questions, gives the initial judgment for each answer, reports fouls, grants time outs, and is the main voice in the meet.
Due to his position in each game, he should have a specific way of expressing himself. Look at the following link to see the main guidelines that specify the terminology to be used.
- Scorekeeper: Keeps each team and quizzer score, and a record of fouls, correct and incorrect answers, contests, and time outs. The scorekeeper also has the responsibility of keeping track of the questions and answers and serves as a judge.
- Timekeeper: Supervises the time for each question, answer, contest, and time out. The timekeeper also serves as a judge.
If you are interested in supporting your church as an official in Bible Quiz, and you have the approval of your pastor, we encourage you to study the rulebook and take a written test that will qualify you to become an official. Click on the following link and see a model test with its respective answers.
Serving as a Bible Quiz official is an opportunity to serve God and His Body. By dedicating time and effort in this area, each official is investing in Christ’s Kingdom and in the lives of the quizzers. As the officials work with the Bible Quiz material, have fellowship with other participants, and express words of encouragement, their lives are blessed as they bless others.
The following tools complement the official rulebook and have been provided to help the officials judge in as fair a manner as possible:
- Rulebook Clarifications is an official document that contains questions and answers regarding situations that are not clarified or not mentioned in the rulebook. This document of clarifications should be kept together with the rulebook and can be used for contests.
- Rulebook Addendums is an official document that every official, coach and quizzer should keep together with their rulebook, as it can be used to support contests. This document of modifications compiles additional requirements other than those mentioned in the official rulebook.
- Most Common Mistakes though not considered an official document, and not used with the rulebook, compiles some of the most common mistakes that officials make. It can help judges and quizzers alike to identify mistakes and correct them accordingly.
|Rulebook Clarifications (2017)
Rulebook Addendums (2017)
Most Common Mistakes
Since coordinators, officials, and coaches have also been given the opportunity of memorizing and achieving one of the memorization awards, we include some tools on this page which can help in their personal study.
Download The Epistle to the Romans. This text also includes: chapter analysis, omitted and unique words, concordance, and memorization awards. To download this document, click here.
It is important to memorize each verse and its reference (verse number) in the Bible. To do so, it is recommended to study with flashcards that have each verse and its number. If you desire to obtain a sample of thes flashcards, click here.